Saturday, June 28, 2008

Justin Martyr

I read the book, "The Four Witnesses" about a year ago and in this book there was a great philosopher and Christian, Justin Martyr. I was thinking about him just now as I was reading an article from Catholic.com that Matt G sent me to and Justin was mentioned there. His name keeps popping up in my life time and time again and I really feel drawn to this man's words and I am looking for some additional books with some of his writings and more information about whom he is?

Can anyone suggest any?

2 comments:

Maggie said...

If you search Justin Martyr at Bartleby (see link in previous post) you will find a good paragraph about him in the Colombia Encylopedia. You will also learn that only two undisputed works remain: The Apology and the Dialogues. I didn't find them at Project Gutenberg (which surprised me a bit) but the best source for really ancient Christian texts is "Early Christian Writings". I found the "Apology" there (I didn't look for the other. Why should I have all the fun?) You can read it here: http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/justinmartyr-firstapology.html

Damien said...

Thank you Maggie. I appreciate the links greatly.