Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Response to the Comments - Natural States

I am not sure what I expected when I posted my first question, however I simply was not expecting the very verbose and detailed answers I received. I expected fluff answers I suppose, however the responses left were exactly what I was looking for.

Well thought out answers to what I was seeking.

I am rather floored at the answers too, here I am looking for logic and truth and I am slammed heavily with it.

This is a very good thing I say and is in no way a complaint.

You see, I am a web nerd and I spend a lot of time on various news sites and one of the sites I hit the most is Digg.com. While the stories continue to be funny and interesting over there, there is a massive anti-Christian community over there and it is tiring to hear that over and over again. Some people delight in taking hope from others and it really was sucking away my will power.

So to see this very opposite attitude on the Intertron of the web really gives me some strength.

@nightfly - I am glad I received your response first. This really got my appetite going. Thank you.

@flexo - Your first words "Death of our current physical body IS a natural state." hit me like a steam roller for some reason. It was as if you drew a line in the sand and showed me the two sides. So thank you for your response, the length of your reply was beautiful and I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Benedict's words moved me to tears as it was what I needed. So many loud vocal atheists are out there with these horrific attitudes, I simply thought there were no more smart Christians left to defend their faith. I am glad this is not the case, I simply did not know where to look.

@gail f - You said "I don't think anyone does think that death (physical death) is not natural." I fully believe that I just fully misunderstood when I have had conversations in the past with people. I tend to be a bit shy or I tend to take a longer time to think things through before I begin to question more in depth. Using this blog as a medium has really allowed me to formulate my questions and responses by taking time to consider everything.

As to this part, "Proof? No. The truth that death really isn't natural to us comes from revelation." I am fully acceptable of revelation, most of the proof and truth I seek is the intellectual kind, the thoughtful argument for and against things. All my life I happily put the truths in my life to the test and I was never afraid of change. If something made sense and it applied well to my life and it was not a lie then I was able to "bend like a reed in the wind".

Thank you for taking the time.

@scott j - I had in my life ever heard of anything that resembled your argument before. I am talking about the state of man before the fall as you mentioned. It seems that not many Protestant churches really talk much about that and up until 14 years ago I was very involved in my church. What you say makes sense to me though, while I was looking for an answer on "how can death be unnatural" and instead I get answers on creation, nature and grace like you mentioned at the end of your comment. So thank you.

@capital-g-geek: Your answer was perfectly condensed. Thank you. You basically took what everyone said and showed the verses. So thank you for taking the time for that.

1 comment:

Tim said...

"So many loud vocal atheists are out there with these horrific attitudes, I simply thought there were no more smart Christians left to defend their faith. I am glad this is not the case, I simply did not know where to look."

Oh my -- an honest inquirer looking into the evidence for the truth of Christianity and already up to speed with Google Books? As they say in Veggie Tales, have we got a show for you!

I'd suggest that you start here.